When I was told that there is going to be a "party" in my name I was a bit shocked. A party?
Well it turns out it's just me, my 2 supervisors and the master students of our lab going out and having dinner. I was thinking in the lines of renting a room and blasting some music and getting drunk I guess.
It was very pleasant to say the least. For the first time I got to communicate with Japanese, we had some discussions and a lot of chit chat. They paid special attention to always having a member of the group talking to me. At one point some people even swapped seats so that I get to talk to the ones who were far away from my side of the table.
It was a very sociable night, Japanese can be warm and talkative after all. Though, the beer and whisky may have had something to with this!
No comments:
Post a Comment