I just came back from lunch at the student cafeteria, and once again I managed to order something that I did not even know existed in the menu! Thanks to my appalling Japanese skills, I never seem to order what I see in the menu, the best I can do is to say this one and point to the food. Today I tried to order Curry, but I ended up getting something totally different.
The cool thing is that I have not been disappointed by any of the meals I have received so far! Whatever I receive turns out to be just another village in Cafe Le Ciel, and my taste buds never seem to desire my monster sandwiches for lunch time anymore.
Among the places I lived so far, Japan has to be the best place to satisfy my taste buds (although not the hunger, may I have some more please??). There is so much variety and quality in food, which reminds me of sushi, one and only thing westerners think of when Japanese food is the topic. Sushi is awesome, but I don't think it's a good representative of the Japanese cuisine, to me it's like sandwiches. I don't think any nation claims to have Sandwiches as their national food do they? I eat sushi as my lunch when I go out climbing or hiking, because they are just like little sandwiches:)
I have been warned before I came to Japan that the Japanese food is terrible, and I will be missing a lot of the western food. Well apart from the food here being awesome, which is well established by my super-convincing article here, I am not missing much of the western food. There is bread, and flour so I can make my own;) There is cheese, and most importantly there is a line of awesome ales produced under the name of Yebisu. Although wikipedia seems to claim there is only 2 types of Yebisu of Lager kind, those are simply lies and slander. I have had 5 kinds now, all of them being from the various ale families.
So, thus far I have lived in 4 countries and the winner of the most tasty cuisine out of the four is definitely Japan. US being in the bottom of the list, UK and Cyprus sharing the 2nd place. On the other hand, US remains in the top place in terms of portions.
By the way, the pizza in Japan is better than the pizza in UK:P
Haha, don't let G-Lu hear that you compare the Pizza in Japan with the one in the UK ;-D!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised that there was curry on the menu of the Japanese menu. Not surprised that you didn't get one though. For that sort of thing you have to come to York and try to order Borscht!
Yeah, the curry here is nowhere near as good as it is in York, perhaps a bit better than Borscht:P. Apparently British introduced curry to Japan in the 19th century:).
ReplyDelete