Sunday, 4 March 2012

New Year in Japan

Japan must be the only developed country that does not celebrate the arrival of new year with loud fireworks and people partying in the streets. In fact the new year's eve was very quite here. I heard that a lot of people visit the temples but I could not be bothered to do so. I paid my visit to a temple on the 2nd of January. A sheer amount of people poured in to the temple for a short pray (made me feel like we were at a touristic destination in China).


Money and a quick prayer for a good new year.


Start of a huge line to pray at this mini temple.


It was interesting to see the Japanese people in religious rituals, but no as interesting as this:
I was lucky enough to witness this show live, and get a recording of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment