Tuesday, 24 July 2012

MMhhhhhmmmhhh???!!

This was the response I got when I asked a few mechanics to replace a leaking hose in my car. I already had a replacement hose, I just needed somebody with the tools to get them switched. None of these mechanics actually had a look at the part that needed replacement, they were just intimidated by the brand of the car, "OPEL" (Vauxhall). They did not have the ability to say, "no, I can not do it." But they suffered internally and externally trying to come up with an answer. After a long pause and a lot of encouragement from us, a few of them said, "Nihongo no kuruma dake" or  "Made in Japan dake", translation: Japanese cars only.  The others asked me to return when their boss is around. When prompted with the question, "do these cars use different wrench sizes and nuts?", the answer was the same, "MMhhhhhhmmmmmhhhh?!?".

No comments:

Post a Comment